Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's day to all of my mommy friends tomorrow! I hope your day is filled with lots of nothings....by that I mean you should have nothing to do with the cleaning, nothing to do with the cooking, nothing to do with anything at all. We can dream right?

I happen to be a mom to two of the most awesome kids. A wonderful, albeit talkative little girl and a mischievious, dirty little boy. They are both growing too fast for me to catch up and I don't like it one bit. A just turned 8 years old and I am in the midst of planning H's first birthday party. It is a big reminder to stop every now and then just to watch them grow. The little things are the best....like when A comes home and tells me her science book is wrong (and it is) or when H learns that the roll from the toilet paper that he just unraveled matches the roll that he pulled out of the bathroom trash can. Yes, even just taking a shower brings surprises these days. I normally just gate H in the little shower part of the bathroom with me if no one else is home.

A is not into as much as her baby brother of course...aside from the occasional stuffing of food where it doesn't belong when she doesn't want to eat it. I have to say that I honestly don't like this pre-preteen stage. The attitudes, eye rolls, head bobbing, and all that comes along with it. But we will manage and she is learning that there is a fine line between "expression" and rudeness. She can be very sweet most of the time though. She has a heart of gold when it comes to anything living be it an animal or a weed growing in the garden. She's a total nanny's girl and I have no doubt that when she grows up she'll be right back in North Carolina.

That's about all I have for tonight. I just wanted to take a little time to brag on my babies. :) Again, I hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment