Sunday, May 24, 2009

Re-evaluation

That is what I'm doing with my life right now. I have had all I ever wanted, and now I don't want it any longer. I want things simple, uncluttered, out of the way, and I no longer want to be dependent on certain things. I no longer want to live paycheck to paycheck.

For this reason I will be changing some aspects of life. Unfortunately that means not so many road trips, not so many new clothes, no more new diapers for the kiddos. There is too much in this house already. I have no where to sit a drink down. Time to "downgrade" in the words of Ashley. I'm going to learn to do some things on my own. Knitting, sewing, all the neat stuff. I guess as I get older, accomplishing this on my own is a greater reward than paying some outrageous price for having someone do it for me.

I'm cleaning out once again. There is so much here that we don't use and I can't keep waiting on people who want it but never come to get it. One more big yard sale and the rest goes to goodwill.

And on a good note. We introduced H to the potty this morning! No, he isn't actually sitting there and using it, but the way he keeps stripping and peeing in the floor, I figured at least letting him see it, sit on it, feel it, all that good stuff would be a start. He actually likes it. He smiles when I sit him down on it...and then jumps off to pee in the carpet or by the door. Haha!

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand the downsizing. We have been selling and getting rid of things for months now. That pic of Henry is too cute with his little chunkyness on the potty. He is growing up so fast.

    ReplyDelete